View Single Post
Old 01-18-22, 08:37 PM   #48
Andreas86
Engineer

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 1

UPDATE 19.01.22 (added to first post!)

-New control room screen for the Type XXI!
-New map view, torpedo room and damage control screen for the type XXI.

While Dynamix gave the type XXI some deserved attention in their adddon, it did little visually other than change the tower view. All the rest of the screens were the same as for the older subs, except for a new radar screen and an active sonar button on the map view. With this in mind I set out making a completely new control room for the type XXI, based on the real control room of the last XXI in Hamburg. A small liberty had to be taken with the periscope, as in the real sub the scope is placed in a different part of the control room, not near the gauge wall. But overall I am very satisfied with the way it all came out, and thanks to some great photos online I was able to match this up quite well. I hope you will enjoy
spending time in the new control room, the crew is ready! The gauges has also been changed visually

In addition I made a modified map screen for the type XXI, as well as a new torpedo loadout screen and damage control screen. I hope you will appreciate the small historic touches.

The control room .SCR file is independant and can be placed in your SIM folder, but the new type XXI ingame screens will overwrite my older ones so I suggest backing those up. I suggest installing these screens when
you are planning on using the type XXI. In the future I might write a simple .bat file to make it easier to change between the screen packs.

Download link:

See latest version.

Last edited by Andreas86; 04-07-22 at 02:28 PM.
Andreas86 is offline   Reply With Quote