View Single Post
Old 06-13-17, 12:47 PM   #18
TinCanWolf
Sailor man

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
Those decks are a mess too. Texas has no prisoners that could holystone those decks?
They were replacing the main deck last time I was there. They had it replaced back to the 1st rear turret from the bow, but it is a constant process.

Texas actually passed a bill in '93 to give something like 95% of the tax revenue from sporting events to the Parks system, but since then that money has constantly been taken from the parks and redistributed elsewhere.

The over $350 million for the 2017 fiscal year would be enough to be pay for the $100 million dollar budget of the park system, $50 million to completely fix the Texas, and still have $200 million left over for whatever needs funding that can be stolen for other projects it was never allocated for.

It's just far easier to do nothing, and continue business as usual for the politicians. I mean, when you can by pass every legitamit concern with: "Well, it's because those Millennials are ruining (Insert Talking Point). If they weren't out there (insert talking point that contradicts the first amendment) we wouldn't have these problems. The problem is they got (insert something given to Millennials by their Baby Boomer parents that they actually don't give two ****s about), and they want everything handed to them. If they hadn't gone to College for a worthless degree like (insert degree that demonstrates politician has literally no idea what he's talking about) and become a (doctor, engineer) then they'd be just fine."

I'm pretty sick and tired of these idiots and their party politics. Show me someone who can get stuff done, and has a history that proves they're congruent in their actions and ideology. This idea that a party never compromises with the other has got to go.

I'm pretty sure if you sat down the average American and explained to them that the Park system not only maintains our natural wonders, but also keeps pieces of history like the USS Texas in ship shape we could all agree it's worth funding.

The hippies and the historians all get what they want.

U-64/7th Flotilla
USS Helm DD388/2nd Fleet
TinCanWolf is offline   Reply With Quote