Old 06-12-17, 11:27 PM   #8
cj95
Lieutenant

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 0

Here is the "Insider" report sent out to the Volunteer staff:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
All,

The ship developed a leak yesterday and took a list to starboard, causing her to be closed to the public at about at about 2:30 PM.

Since then the original leak has been repaired. Water is being pumped out, but the ship's list is now at about 7.5 degrees. At least one other leak has developed and it is also being patched.

The ship's crew, a repair contractor, and an emergency response contractor are all on the scene and working on the problem. The staff are very busy dealing with this problem and have had little time to deal with inquiries about the leaks.

At this time there is nothing for us to do but wait until the repairs are complete. I know you are all concerned about these developments, but these crews have repaired leaks aboard the battleship before, and I expect that they will get these fixed as well.

I will pass along any information that Andy or Stephanie send to me. Please refrain making inquiries directly to ship's staff so they can concentrate on fixing the problem without distraction. I have let them know that many volunteers are ready if they find they need any additional help.

Several news outlets have published stories about this event along with photos and video. For those of you who are interested in seeing the images, I have seen stories from Channels 2, 13, and 26 so far.

Thanks for all you do,

Lee

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

If I find out any more inside details I'll pass them along.

>> USS TEXAS BB-35 Restoration CrewMember <<
cj95 is offline   Reply With Quote