View Single Post
Old 05-04-15, 09:46 PM   #11
Julian
Sailor man

Downloads: 271
Uploads: 0
Default Fighting Steel battle screen distorted, blotchey

I have Fighting Steel installed on my old hard drive with other Dos and Windows 95, XP games. My Windows XP computer died on me a few years ago. But I had a friend save my old hard drive and my old games. I have it running as a secondary drive on my Windows 7 computer.
So, I still have access to playing some of the old Windows and Dos games.

The only problem I am having with Fighting Steel is that 3D battle screen comes up blotchy like paint flowing across the screen and the mouse leaves a trail of cursors behind it as it travels across the screen.

The title screen comes up, playing the opening theme.
Everything else, the bottom command screen, the video camera and views commands on the left side and the tabs at the top are clear along with the music and sound effects of water, gunfire, explosions are working fine. You hear all these sound effects and music.

On some screens you don't see the ships at all. Just see the trail wake behind them or see the gunfire from them or see the explosions or water rising from the salvos.

Can anyone suggest anything?? I tried the Compatibility tab. Didn't do anything to help. What's causing this blotchy look....

I have attached 2 thumbnail pictures for you to click on to view in large size format...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4140.jpg (89.7 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4157.jpg (92.9 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by Julian; 05-06-15 at 06:02 PM. Reason: add pictures
Julian is offline   Reply With Quote