View Single Post
Old 04-16-12, 02:58 PM   #21
oscar19681
Admiral

Downloads: 119
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kptlt. Hellmut Neuerburg View Post
It would be great if Shockwave re-started this "forgotten" project, but considering how well they did with BOBII in respects to stratgey and air-to-air comabt,a third B-17 game should be right up their alley.
I asked shockwave/ a2a simulations to redo a b-17 migthy eight game and they said they wanted to do it but they did not know when , I asked them 2 years later and they game me the exact same awnser and the community seems to be only interested in a non combat b-17 version for FSX which is very good but the b-17 still remains a combat aircraft ! But i dont understand why other company,s that still make good WWII combat flight sims dont make a b-17 flight sim. It seems that when its not the Pacific theatre , or the russian front it seems to always orient around the battle of britain. If they do base it on the later europian air war they alway totally ignore the b-17 or the b-17 it presented arcadish or is unplayable. Its time to another good -b-17 sim now , its been well over 12 years since someone had done it. I still play b-17 the mighty eight because it still fun to do and it features virtual crew managment that adds something that other flight sims just dont add. But to be honoust the game is really starting to show its age , i would really love to see a modern version of b-17 II with the virtial crew managment included offcourse.

Jim Morrison 1943-1971
oscar19681 is offline   Reply With Quote