View Single Post
Old 04-30-22, 12:03 PM   #4563
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
that mission would be neat to do...once.
go through the panama canal and trek up the east coast.
maybe have a short movie clip when you go through the docking decision-gate in Philly or New York, if that is possible. can we add events like that?

i was thinking....a dangerous pastime, i know, of modding the Flotillas file and adding one last mission up the east coast. but, alas, there are no east coast Flotillas, so i cannot end a career in that way.

BUT
NY and Philly are defined as US Bases, right? i wonder if i could create a mission with NY/Philly as a destination objective and then take my time getting there, such that August 15 would roll by and the war would be over. i'll have to take a look at the range of objectives available in the ME.

Interesting you mention this as in TMO Update I created campaign missions for Narwhal based on Nautilus's patrols. I made it from 1942- November 44 when I was killed in a friendly fire incident with a DE off Morotai so never got to test the last two missions of Narwhal campaign yet. I want to added Narwhals missions in future as well. I have a final mission for Narwhal class to sail to Philadelphia via Panama Canal in 1945. To keep things interesting the prescribed route is fraught with potential perils....chance of running into enemy submerged submarines firing torpedoes...friendly fire is of course always a threat in TMO now especially in certain areas. Once in Caribbean and Atlantic, U boats are always a threat as well.

I do not believe the movies are possible currently, hardcoded things.

East coast Flotillas are possible. I added New London and Portsmouth to East coast for New Construction and for SUBRON 50 campaign. Philly could be added to the map as a city then a US base assigned for the purposes of transfer. Basically would just add it as a base to the Narwhals flotilla, so the homeport will switch while at sea, thus can start patrol in Darwin and end in Philly. Simultaneously the flotilla would change to Philly or New London etc and could either have it end so the career will end or make training runs etc until end of the war. If I recall I have it set to where things just end after making port in New London (did not get around to adding Philly yet but plan to).
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote