View Single Post
Old 04-30-22, 10:43 AM   #4561
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
what would make the trees/landscape appear like this? if you look closely, they appear to be snow-tipped or outlined against the other background.
this is not expected as we are pulling into San Diego, which is just a mile or two outside of the snow band.
[pic]

and here are my graphics settings
[pic]

normally, i do not spend much time gazing at the flora and fauna, but we were in San Diego Harbor so i figured that my boat was out of harm's way.
Fot the Terrain LOD, you can put that either all of the way to the left, or maybe one click to the right of that. That controls the "window" that it pulls the data, so it can be small on a good computer. You could also try turning off the Post Processing Effects. All they do is add "film graininess" to the picture, but of course, it does bump up the saturation also. Other than that, I'll have to come in closer to the shore next time I test there, and see what it is. It might be that the snow climate in the mod/game is set incorrectly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
Driving a Narwhal and it's late February 1945.
we were based in Darwin, then Mios Woendi, then San Diego. And my valiant crew thanks you for this assignment.

our first mission in SD is to take a "new" boat out for a dive test, however we are still assigned to the old Narwhal. did we miss a gate or something because this does not seem to track, logically.
Eventually, that was going to be a trip to Philadelphia to retire the boat... lol - you are driving a boat "officially" slated to be retired and broken up. "Museum", you say?... pay Uncle Sam the scrapping value and it is yours! lol

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote