GoldenRivet
Subsim Aviator

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
OK thanks for that, GR... I guess we just sit and wait
yes i would say just sit back a bit longer

by the time you get the money in a pile, get your crew together, audition and cast the film, iron out the script/writing, scout the set locations (especially internationally), work out the CGI, real aircraft use (if any), edit the film and cut a final product you could be looking at 18-24 months to make something like this happen.

i have it on good authority that filming & editing alone on the band of brothers mini-series was about a 10 month affair, and that doesn't account for the time they spent standing around getting their collective crap in a pile in pre-production

I do know that according to Miller's own brief statements that can be found online filming had not yet started as of Summer of 2015.

if i were a betting man, I would put money on seeing our first adverts/ teasers and trailers some time this coming spring 2017

just for the sake of education and clarity however i will note that there are those out there in internetland who have passed off the video below as the trailer or teaser for the Spielberg mini series... and it most assuredly is NOT and has absolutely nothing to do with the mini series spearheaded by Hanks and Speilberg

but its kinda cool to watch