View Single Post
Old 10-02-21, 12:28 PM   #82
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revus View Post
COMSUBPAC ordered us to patrol Area 8, south of Bungo Suido for 5 days. Nothing found during that period except for a few fishing junks.

Got subsequent orders to move to Area 8. Once there was told to find 'em and sink 'em. Thats when I headed through the strait with intentions of trawling off the Kagoshima bay entrance. Few subchasers, a small DE, and an H8K or two out there, but no shipping. Avoided the patrols submerged by day, on the surface at night. One night, thought I was detected at about 7000 yards but outran it, leaving her ziging around searching.

Decided to act on my own now, in search of big fish out in Convoy College. Ill be there in a few days game time.

Another cool add, actually having Sofu Gan out there is a cool surprise. Felt like i was finding the Dutchman again.

That is surprising, Area 8 is a pretty busy area for most of the war, Singapore-Home Islands and several other convoys lanes converge there for approaches to Bungo Suido. You are in January 1943 if I recall? Checked the file, yea a lot of traffic but judging from your description, probably were not far enough out to sea. Should definitely have better luck in Luzon Strait.

I probably need to do an intel file (README) with coordinates of shipping lanes. In future patch will adjust the patrol are marker to the proper location, the current one is the default TMO marker.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote