View Single Post
Old 05-11-10, 04:07 PM   #5
Lord_magerius
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 96
Uploads: 0

Torpedoes:
1) Yes, all your eels can be changed from impact to magnetic or the other way around... ( I think anyway, can someone with a bit more torpedo knowledge confirm this for me? )
2) Yes, if you "lock" your target, you can jump into the TDC change your depth settings and pistols and then jump back to the attack periscope to watch your prey be blown into teensy pieces

Convoys:
There are as many different ways to attack a convoy as there are kaleuns on here I prefer the 45 degree method, run in at about 2 knots at a depth of about 30 meters. Man the hydrophones, and when the contacts are approaching medium range take her up to periscope depth. Blow em all to hell and then sneak away
If you're going to surface in the middle of a convoy, do it no later than IMO June '40 or else you're going to start running into armed merchants. There's nothing worse than realising that you've surfaced next to a tramp steamer with a bigger penis than you. Run decks awash and take your time, no need to do anything rash and getting yourself rammed. Remember if it's too risky, say you have a destroyer closing fast, dive, break off and intercept the convoy again later. A dead kaleun serves his country for a very limited time
Also about the magnetic pistols, you never want to be 90 degrees AoB on these as they pass under the ship and detonate on the other side doing no real damage. I usually only use magnetic if the target is 60 degrees AoB or if it's a big ship. Rodney, Hood, Aircraft carrier etc.

Crew:
When you finish a patrol, you get your patrol report and it tells you whether you've earned medals, badges and promotions. If your crew have earned promotions you can use them in the barracks the same way you give medals and badges.

Edit: Not too sure about the promotion sheet frequency, don't know if it's renown controlled or just when your crew has amassed a certain amount of XP. Hopefully a clever person can tell us

I hope I've been of some use I will probably be severely corrected by a lot of people but there's my 2 cents

Good Hunting

Edit: why didn't I summarise like that

Last edited by Lord_magerius; 05-11-10 at 05:35 PM.
Lord_magerius is offline   Reply With Quote