View Single Post
Old 05-11-10, 03:24 PM   #1
doomfreak777
Watch

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Default Yet some more questions

Torpedos:

Can any of the torpedos be switched to magnetic detonation? I see on the firing solutions map where you can change everything you can choose between impact and magnetic, does this mean any torpedo can be used magnetically?

If so am I able to still use the automatic targeting through the attack scope, i.e. can I go to the firing solutions screen, switch the pistol to magnetic, maybe change its depth and then go back to the periscope and fire it?

Convoys:
What is the best way to attack a convoy, I have looked through the forums and most people are saying approach at about 45 degrees and try to sneak underneath the destroyers that surround the convoy? I recently found my first convoy which was good fun, I managed to sink a destroyer, a large merchant, tramp steamer and a small cargo I think it was. Though I used up all my eels in the process
Magnetic Torpedos would mean I could surface right in the middle of the convoy and fire on ships that aren't that close to 90 degrees AOB right?

Crew:
Alot of my crew have reached and exceeded the amount of exp they can have, especially some of the POs, is there any way I can promote these guys? I realised in the shipyard when you view your crew there are the qualifications, medals and promotions tabs, yet the little icon in the promotion tab is always blacked out, when I hover over it, it says "you must complete a patrol' which I don't really understand. I myself have been promoted so is this icon related to your own crew?

Thanks again, thats a fair amount of Qs, I'm sure I will still have many questions to come over time, in fact i'm almost certain I do but I can't remember them right now!
Will
doomfreak777 is offline   Reply With Quote