View Single Post
Old 11-08-23, 12:24 PM   #1691
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-61 View Post
I installed this mod today. I'm a very experienced player and mod user from many years ago, just returning to the game.

I have the game all set up and a small number of mods installed in OneAlex via the included JSGME. No conflicts there. The game starts fine using SH3 Commander and I am trying to start a new career. After choosing my new captain's flotilla and starting year the loading bar quickly fills to full red, but then just sits there. I waited patiently for 25 minutes and nothing happens. I've tried numerous times, both with a new career and just trying to load a naval academy exam. Same result each time: loading bar quickly reaches full red and then does nothing.

My computer is not new but is no slouch, either. It is a Dell gaming rig with 8 GB video card and 16 GB of system RAM. It has always loaded other mods very quickly as I have an SSD as my C:\ drive.

This one is stumping me and if I cannot get it to run I am going to cry, knowing I am losing out on a great mod.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Edit: Here are a few more details for my system...

CPU: Intel i7 9700K @ 3.6 GHz
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 8 GB GDDR6
System: Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 16 GB RAM
First thing to try is uninstalling any mods you've added and try the game with just the stock OA mod. If that works, then one of the mods is the problem.
It may be that the 4gb patch of the H.sie patch isn't working correctly, but try the above first.