View Single Post
Old 06-22-15, 11:01 PM   #106
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvs View Post
There lies the problem, everyone has to have a gun to protect yourself from people with guns, your constitution was written in 1787 when there were no automatic or semiautomatic weapons, pretty hard to have a mass shooting with a flintlock don't you think?
A mass shooting maybe but certainly not a mass killing. The worst school massacre in us history was committed with dynamite. The worst massacre box cutters and airliners.

Quote:
There is no reason on earth to justify civilians owning military type weapons and handguns should only be issued for sporting purposes, its a sad reality that you will have plenty more mass shootings until the law changes.
I don't need to justify my rights and I resent your implication that my military "type" weapons would ever be involved in mass shootings.

Our constitution was written when free speech was limited to those within earshot or those who could afford to have their words laboriously hand printed in small numbers and distributed to the public by nailing a copy to a local tree. Does that mean to you the government should have the right to prevent us from posting our uncensored opinions on the internet because terrorist organizations like ISIS also use that medium to incite people to commit murder? What's your justification for being able to voice your opinion instantaneously around the world? Given the amount of trouble being caused by this freedom maybe one might consider no reason on earth to extend this right to you. See how that works?

Tyrants have always used contemporary emergencies to justify seizing power from the people which is exactly what this is about. And tyranny is exactly what will have to occur to make Americans give up their firearms in numbers sufficient to have the effect you wish.

Besides the biggest domestic terrorist attacks in us history were not carried out with firearms. Not even the largest school massacre. Those with such evil on their minds will always find a way regardless of the law. All government can do is take away the means for someone to stop them. There is a reason these massacres always happen in gun free zones.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote