View Single Post
Old 12-12-21, 09:15 PM   #2488
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

I plan to retain the existing torpedo launch tools with pre-WWI items removed/disabled; for instance obviously no FAT settings or capability ... IRL there was a "computer" on board WWI subs but unfortunately duplicating it is not my forte ... plus I lack enough sources for what the computer looked like appearance-wise. The sources I do have reiterate (as others have shown) that it was a very inaccurate device by modern standards.

New screenshots delayed but things have been going VERY well - I am back from vacation (where I didn't have a desktop) and back to 3d modeling.

A big breakthrough (kinda embarrassing) - Ambient Occlusion will be included!!

You may have noticed my ships and subs had no AO maps - I finally figured out why the game never showed them on my units. A little tweak to the .DAT files and experimenting resolved the problem.

I had been confused because stock ships do not rely on a certain node addition to display their AO maps, so when I tried imitating what the SH4 devs did it never worked. A bit hard to explain but now I know what I did wrong.

A massively-improved U-31 is being tested intensively, with good results. Soon it will be time to turn attention to the other boats.

Thank you, Oliver, for info about the vent holes error - I did not know that. One of my main sources was JKLM, who created a nice model of U-88 years ago for the WWI subsim "Project 25".

Sadly Project 25 is defunct, and I haven't seen JKLM on the forums in years. In fact, Project 25 was the inspiration for Wolves of the Kaiser - I was so disappointed after that sim was abandoned, I decided to create a WWI mod myself, using my limited experience...
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote