View Single Post
Old 05-08-22, 05:20 PM   #13
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The problem with the AI Type IX-D2, is that most other AI subs were created by copying the Type IX-D2, so most likely, ALL the other AI subs in SH4 are borked in this regard. They are set to Type=17 in FotRSU, a surface warship, but thus far, no matter what I have done with the dsd and dat file, it refuses to use any sound other than the electric motors, in spite of the fact that the file is not mentioned or linked directly to in either file... My guess is that there is still something "human-playable" on the boat that is causing the issue... either that or I am missing something simple - which would not surprise me, or s7rikeback either... lol - I am testing all of the AI subs that are in the FotRSU mod, and if we find one with a proper engine sound and sonar lighting, we'll let you know Bubblehead1980!

Thanks for looking into it Sound is a problem of course, should be able to hear it. Whether it keeps the electric motor motor, well would be nice to hear surfaced sub make proper sounds of course but biggest problem is them not blowing up properly/not giving credit for kill lol.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote