View Single Post
Old 05-08-22, 03:18 AM   #7
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Some of what KM found there was in FotRSU also, and the engine rpm versus "power" seems to matter. If certain ships fall below roughly 3 knots, they will "disappear" to sonar. The DD disappear at around 12 knots. Roughly 1/3 of a ship's speed, but it is dependent upon the rpm, power, etc in the sim file. But, in this case, I think it's the electric motor sound on a surface vessel, instead of the diesel sound. I'm doing some noodling right now, and might have the test finished in a bit - if I don't fall asleep before hand... lol

Edit: Fourth try now, and I'm still getting the same high-pitched electric engines, trying to push the boat along at 9 knots on the surface, and no diesel sound... the names all look good, the links all look good, the SH.sdl looks good, the actual diesel sound sounds like a diesel... I am overlooking something... sigh. It's too late for my mind to be attempting to function for this... lol

Ugh. This U boat makes no sound on hydrophone. Just torpedoed one, no explosions, just disappeared, no credit for sinking.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote