peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisgeis
Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody
Right now I am getting Random CTDs that I haven't figured out. They happen when exiting the 'Promotion' and 'Aces' screens and returning to the Captains Room. They don't happen every time, only randomly so it's difficult to find the problem. I would be happier if it happened every time, at least I would know where to look for the problem.
I don't want to be obvious, but... strip out your changes. There's certain things you've changed, so remove them and see what happens. I know from doing very high res skins that you can load a quick mission multiple times, until one time, the game just doesn't load the skin and the sub is completely black. I put it down to memory allocation problems, as there was no other reason to suddenly not load a texture that I could see - after all it was still there.

A couple of things spring to mind, one is your map that you changed, if that is too large, it may go belly up... try replacing the captain room .dat file with stock and seeing if you still get the crashes. The other thing that loads on going to the captain room is the medals. Try stripping out the medal changes you did for the Japanese meadals and see if you still get the crashes.

There's nothing else I can thing off that you have changed that loads in the captain room. Good luck with it.
That's the trouble I changed everything. :hmm: Flag, logbook, Promotions, map, aces board, hat, papers on the desk, picture. I though I kept everything the same size and alpha channels etc. You are right that is the approach I need to take, just never had a problem in the Captains Room alone, even when returning from missions. But suddenly this popped up, and only exiting from those two screens, and the only thing in common (that I can think of) is the captains room.

I wasn't thinking of the map or medals because I didn't have problems before, but I will definately give it a try. I just wish it happened every time, would be a lot easier, keep backing up until it stops.

The worse part is I never went to these screens during testing until I changed them to make them Japanese, so I don't know when the problem started.

Thanks for the input, I'll give it a try and see what I can do.

Peabody

Edit: Maybe someone might have a comment on this, I though it might even be in the savegame files since we are changing to Japanese. Maybe the info is getting messed up?

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote