View Single Post
Old 08-29-15, 07:17 PM   #44
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens View Post
Well, everyone thinks life is hard. I remember my grandpa telling me about scrounging for firewood, and my father and his siblings did not know what a restaurant meal was until he was 17. Let me ask you this: do you think the current generation is as capable as previous? These days a hardship is slow internet.
Well, everyone has definitions of what hard is, really, don't they? But let's just say that I hold no expectations of long term survival for many people in the western world should something like an EMP occur.
We're all hooked into the wired world these days anyway, and thoroughly dependant on electricity for our survival, remove that and we're royally screwed.
Again though, you've got to be careful not to generalise, I know it's so very very easy and much more convienent to do so, but in doing so it tends to project biased opinions of vast demographics based upon a narrow selection.
There are just as many people, younger than me, who would be able to cope with a disastrous scenario better than many who are your age and older. To question the capability of the current generation, don't forget, is to also question the capability of the men and women of the current generation who have gone into Iraq and Afghanistan and come back. I would be loathe to question their capabilities to their face, lest I get a first hand demonstration to my deficit.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote