View Single Post
Old 08-10-15, 05:37 AM   #1
Kazuaki Shimazaki II
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Default Asus Tablet eating my files

I have a ME301 Asus tablet (10 inch, 1280x800, 16G internal, with Bluetooth keyboard, had its debut in 2012 and purchased in June 2013, production is Feb 2013).

It always had some problems reading my SD cards. Very often, after a while it says No files found or the directory tree is clearly missing a bunch of folders. Or the Gallery suddenly reloads to a blank. It seems I am not the only one having SD card problems.

I don't know why this happens - is this an Asus thing or an Android thing, because the feeling I get is that the driver reading the SD card gets shut down at the slightest "provocation"?

It is a major reason why when my mom wanted a tablet, I told her to go for Windows 8. Whatever weaknesses cannot compensate for this rather massive flaw.

Well, anyway, that can be lived with as long as I remember to never put any work-critical items in the SD card and to get used to the disappearances that can be solved (usually) by reinserting the card.. However, recently, the thing has gone so bold as to, after one of those read failures, to throw thousands of my files somewhere - the truncated directories are now because the file system has actually been changed, and while Windows' CHKDSK can still find them, all their folder and filename information are gone.

This can be hard to live with Does anyone have similar experiences or a solution?

By the way, such performance is with a brand new SD card (as far as its formatting is concerned, I've tried out of the box, Windows, camera and now it is Windows exFAT), and even the tablet was wiped only yesterday in an attempt to improve the situation.

I need help... I'm also getting help here:
http://www.transformerforums.com/for...tml#post346797
Kazuaki Shimazaki II is offline   Reply With Quote