Old 11-28-09, 03:11 PM   #29
Akula4745
Convicted Ship Killer

Location: Just out of sight... plotting your course and speed
Downloads: 371
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendor View Post
I try late may 1943,and u have right the canal was almost empty some Anson planes come from the land,but before the small lake there was the first real problem, I saw some bunker and pick up RWR beyond and the depth was not more and 6 m under the keel,so I stop the engine and slowly go to PD in silent rig,set speed to 2 knots and the sonar guy and me too heard 4 DD on the left side from the bunker,after that we slowly get away from this part of canal and also the DD so we go up and start the mission first was it calm and no wind after that it be heavy rain and fog 14m/s so in the last end of the canal 3 DD come are way so we where lucky to have the wheather on our side ,in red sea was a lot of MTM i count 15 and no vessel at all in the end before Gulf Von Aden hit a Tanker,but the Post said was also lot of DD ,but I manage to go the Suez. (IXC)
Congratulations, Vendor... but according to Torplexed we still don't get the frauleins.

"If you sit by the river long enough... the body of your enemy will float by -- SunTzu"
Akula4745 is offline   Reply With Quote