View Single Post
Old 02-17-22, 07:20 PM   #15
Randomizer
Watch Officer

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0

Have had a handful of SH3 careers terminated violently by Allied air and then only in GWX, CCoM and NYGM, generally in the Bay of Biscay or leaving Trondheim or Bergen in late war patrols.

Once was attacked in a Type IXD2 off Freetown, West Africa by no less than seven Liberators in the late summer of 1943. Survived without damage and shot down five of the attackers with the two remaining aircraft flying away, one of them trailing smoke. The only reason that I stayed up to fight is that the first plane was a complete surprise, coming out of the overcast without warning and the big Monsun Boats take oh so long to dive. Then as the skies filled with Liberators I wanted to see how I might do. Turns out that in the WAC universe, the B-24 does not pose any significant threat to a U-Boat.

From both a gaming/simulation and historical aspects, the entire situation was positively ludicrous and it caused me to remove the offending super-mod entirely from my computer.

As John implied, staying on the surface to fight a Liberator in AOD is an excellent method of ending a career.

-C
Randomizer is offline   Reply With Quote