View Single Post
Old 02-17-22, 05:39 PM   #13
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

My one thought is, when does the RWR become available, and does it automatically get added, or does a player have to purchase it? I do not remember being offered it in GWX, but I may have overlooked it on the upgrade screen in the Office... Of course, as I said, I do usually die early, like Dec 42 or usually no later than April 1943 (but I do have fun getting there)... I am usually damaged first, and then sunk on a 2nd or 3rd encounter, as you describe above... though there have been a few "one bomb wonders" that put it right down the conn hatch... as usually happens in SH4 also, if you are caught on the surface. Luke Skywalker and the DeathStar kind of drops, you know? - the ones that almost always get me are the groups of planes, where 2 or more planes take their turns at dropping, and I do see some near-misses, but I almost always have some damage, even when I'm already past PD before they get close to me. I do not have any "crew" on my AA guns either, unless I am unable to dive and HAVE to stay topside... So when I get a prompt, I crash dive ASAP. I usually drive a Type IX as soon as I can, so maybe you're doing a VII, and that's the diff? Besides not having an RWR, that I am aware of??

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote