Old 06-29-21, 03:59 PM   #3568
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

In relation to AviatorMan's report:
Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
... Thank you for the additional information, and the pictures. That helps immensely. The file extensions do not matter, other than they do have to be either tga for SH3 and dds for SH4, but as you mention, the extension "names" are not actually necessary. After looking at a few more things, I'll do some specific testing this morning, and might be able to post something for you to try later today.
... there is the possibility of the Heiyo Maru slipping through the "date" net of the game, wherein the ship is "active" on the Roster 19390516, yet the game can and does grab the date of 19380101 for the ship configuration date (in spite of the mod start date of 19411207) - at least, that's what we are thinking is happening... Anyway, there are no skins dated that early, so for an attempted "fix", you all can try to put this on top of either v1.46 FotRSU and Nippon Maru, or the Preview and Nippon Maru:

HeiyoMaruQF.7z

It will not harm FotRSU by itself, other than there is a Roster file for a non-existent ship, which will throw errors - so Nippon Maru users only... I never did get what AviatorMan did, but there are also no ill effects from using that "QuickFix" above. Just make certain you put it on top of Nippon Maru. We will have a more extensive set of edits for s7rikeback for the next release of Nippon Maru. IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE WITH THIS, let propbeanie know, do NOT bother s7rikeback. He is busy with other tasks, and propbeanie is the person who did the "Quick Fix"... Let me know how it goes...

Now, Kal_Maximus_U669's tuning of the nVidia video card can really improve things in the game. If a person takes the time to adjust the settings, they can get pictures and in-game display like he has there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
has anyone experienced this type of start with a Sargo?
Running 1.46 Preview with the Fix and Nippon Maru 1.2.1.
i would have pasted the JsGME config but SH4 is still in use on my other system.

Started a Sargo career out of Brisbane, Mid-1944.
before shoving off, we transferred to Manus Island.
also before shoving off, i noticed that we had only two stern torpedo tubes, which is different from the previous version of 1.46, but i figured someone did some research and made a change so i just went with it.
on the way to the patrol station, i inspected the stern torpedo room and to my surprise i found four tubes and two of them had German torpedoes. silver/gray engine with light blue warhead. no description given.

anyone else experience this phenomenon?
I have not seen that, but I do not remember attempting a set of circumstances like you have, so I will head there next...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote