Old 06-28-21, 09:34 PM   #3561
AviatorMan
Watch

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
We'll try one more time... Snip

To begin with, this is the first anyone's asked me for more than some of the game settings and I'm happy to provide as much as you need to help sort this out.

Anyway, here's the where / where:

As of this time, this is the only convoy I know off of the top of my head when and where to intercept, but as you can see, this in just north of Saigon on the coast of Indochina on Dec 13th.

Here is what the ships look like:

And as you can see here, all 4 of the Heiyo Marus in this convoy have the same issue:

Finally this is with only FOTRSU 1.46 and Nippon Maru installed:
Code:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[D:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 4 Gold Edition\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.46_EN
Nippon_Maru_v1.2.1
I've removed all other mods for this process (and had already done so prior to this if you look at my previous post), so while yes, in my previous list I'd shown quite a few other mods, the pictures above were taken with only the two listed mods here. Additionally, I uninstalled them and deleted the contents of my saves folder prior to reinstalling them and starting a new career to intercept this convoy.

Anyway, if you need anything else from me to help sort this out (i.e. save files, other computer specs, etc) please let me know.

EDIT: And just to be clear, I do not get this behavior with only FOTRS installed. It only appears after adding NM.

EDIT2: Some potentially relevant information...

This is the system / settings I'm using:
-Windows 10 Pro
-I7-4770K
-32GB RAM
-GTX 2080S
-Game installed on an SSD
-SH4 version 1.5
-All graphical settings maxed

And finally, I was exploring the files in Nippon Maru for the Heiyo Maru and the config in the roster for it refers to TGA files instead of DDS files while all of the texture files I could find in the NP_HAP folder were DDS. I don't know if this is an issue at all as some games don't really care what the extension is as long as the name is right and the format is one the engine recognizes, but I thought I'd mention it just in case its relevant.

EDIT3: Final note... the images above were taken at extreme sonar range, but I did allow the the convoy to literally run me over (I was parked exactly in front of the easter column of the convoy) and sink me and the textures never resolved into anything other than what you see above.

Last edited by AviatorMan; 06-28-21 at 10:00 PM.
AviatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote