View Single Post
Old 12-09-16, 09:06 PM   #6510
edpovi
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Near Kiel Ctds should be practically eliminated with v1.06. Are you sure that you have installed all correctly? No aditional mods? What was your kiel departure date?

I'm new, so I'm not 100% sure, but I followed the basic instructions for installing 1.06 and the update. The only thing different, is I have the Steam version, so I extracted the SH5.exe from the patch listed in the work around.

I didn't add any other mods. Heck, I'm still trying to learn the basic game and the mods already included in the WoS.

My departure date was 29 Sep.

I made a save just as I exited the Pen, then I navigated a bit past the locks into the river, and made another save when there were no ships in visual range. But then got the CTD when the first city was in visual range. I reloaded the save just past the docks, and again got the CTD. After posting, I loaded the save just outside of the PEN, and it worked OK, made it past the river.

It was interesting making that trip, as it was dusk as I reached the first city and navigated the rest of the river in darkness, but at least the moon was out.
edpovi is offline   Reply With Quote