Old 01-18-22, 03:24 PM   #8
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukyn971 View Post
Thank you for quick response. Looks like i will let it be as it is for i don't want to break the game and second reason is i don't have anything to open .sim file.

Moreover i have found another problem... I have tried later dates 1942 and 1943 to test if other submarines are affected with this too but it crashed every time... no matter if i start the game via SH3 commander or sh3.exe. And i found it is caused by one of installed mods, because when i disable them and start it with only GWX installed, it works.

Here is my mod list, so guys if you have any idea which mod could cause this, i will be really grateful.. It looks that after i get back from work i will not cruise the oceans for tonnage but rather test one mod after other to find, which one cause this and why...

GWX 16km Atm.
GWX Alternate loadscreen - full circle
GWX Integrated orders
GWX Merged campaign < - Don't use this unless you're playing the game in the area represented. See the GWX manual.
GWX Open hatch mod
Widescreen MaGui v 3.4
Widescreen MaGui FIX for GWX
German Images for Widescreen
Optional - blue recmanual for Widescreen
Torpedo solution button
Salvo selector labels
M.E.P v6
Optional - FSF for MEP v6
Optional - ShipVanishingHull for MEP v6
Optional - Zoomable Free Camera
M.E.P v6 VisualSensors for GWX
Rbs1 SH4 Effects GWX 30 71
LifeBoats&Debris v3B
Rbs3 withlifeboat
Rbs2 withbuoyance
Rbs10 enhanced oil expl.
Moonlight mod
New clearsky clouds
Sh3 volumetric clouds&fog
Rubinis underwater dust and plancton
Real depth charge
Additional depth charge
Thomsen sound pack
KB Diesel sound mod
Haunting atlantic wind
TKSS 18 German uboats compilation < - Assorted problems with this file and the next one, especially with GWX. I believe there is a fix available, do a forum search or maybe someone else will provide it. It may even be the Fix all sub gwx mod you already have.
German uboats compilation 2 only (VIIB & VIIC by WISE)
New uboat guns fix
Fix all sub gwx < - Iirc, this has a cam ship file in it, M36, that is configured incorrectly. Causes ctd until fixed. I can tell you how if desired.
TMT v2 GWX3
Enhanced funnel smoke and thomsens ships
Supplement to V16B1
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
In general, the more mods one has the greater the chance for problems. Here is a program that will allow you to edit the .sim files if desired.
Have.. an even simpler solution.

1. Look up OneAlex's GWX rework... as they do great conversion work... with GWX3 & this includes SH3Cmdr in it, as well. Simple download, unzip... drop where you want to (though, NEVER in either of C:\ 's Program file folders... EVER. ) & after that... you're pretty golden.

2. Another GWX set to consider & pretty good, building on & furthering OneAlex's work.. is ToyotaGT86's work. As with OneAlex's, is straightforward fairly simple... d/l, unzip, install (making sure to note above in the 1 Alex notes) & you're pretty much golden.

3. Last, & most definitely NOT least, by any means... is Anvar1061's GWR (Grey Wolves Revisioned) work. This 1, does take a wee bit of making sure of how you install, (initially fer noobs & 1st timers... & maybe 2nd timers... ) but once you get used to it... it generally becomes 2nd hat to ya... & afterwards, can roll through setting up... relatively pain free.

As with 1 & 2, (see notes on install...) set up where you desire for it to be.... & pretty much golden.

Hope this info helps... as always.

M. M.

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 01-18-22 at 04:10 PM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote