View Single Post
Old 01-31-14, 04:41 PM   #3082
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

R e a l N a v I g a t I o n .
There is no need to measure distances travelled if you don't want to .
Lets leave Kiel for British coastal waters .
Start the real navigation script .
Start the harbor pilot script outbound Skagerrak route .
Press C on your keyboard to bring up the compass .
Turn TC1 on any messages box messages off by clicking on Enable TCx messages which is the icon beside TC1 on any messages box messages .
This will allow the game to drop down to 1TC on sighting AI but will not drop the game to 1TC with every message box message .
The pilot will take you to Skagerrak .
Click on the TC1 on any messages box messages so the game drops down to 1TC just before the pilot has left the sub .
The pilot has finished his automation piloting and the game has dropped to 1TC when the navigator has marked an x on the navmap .
Grab the protractor and see which way you want to head .
Click on the compass so the sub changes to the course you want to go .
Click off TC1 on any messages box messages by clicking on Enable TCx messages and the game will drop to 1TC on any visable AI .
Otherwise keep TC1 on any messages box messages on and the game will drop to 1TC when the navigator marks an x on the navmap .
TC256 until you see the navigator put an x on the navmap in a position that you want to be near . Lets say its near the British coast .
Click on TC1 on any messages box messages and the game will drop to 1TC on the next nav position .
Use the protractor again to change course etc .
Its so easy even I can do it .
PS: If you don't use Travel mode then the game will drop to 1TC when you are nearly about to hit land . This will in most cases give you tlme to emergency reverse out .
PS: If travelling along the Kiel canal with harbor pilot etc switch Travel mode on to stop the game dropping to 1TC when warning about shallow water etc .

Last edited by THE_MASK; 01-31-14 at 07:44 PM.
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote