Old 06-07-22, 06:43 PM   #10
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrenSo View Post
What exactly do you mean?

I took extra pictures as templates that don't show the gramophone in almost 2D, but rather in 3D perspective. This way you look slightly at the gramophone from above, and I like it better that way than directly from the side or just directly from above.
Welll, I suppose it is a matter of taste. For our UI elements I like their tops to show some perspective so we get a sense of depth, but their vertical lines to be parallel or nearly parallel, as if the objects were seen from the front and only slightly from the top (like my Radione texture).

A picture will probably say more than many words:

Blame my preference to me being a photographer. In photography converging/diverging horizontal lines are generally accepted for denoting a strong perspective, but non-parallel vertical lines (like when we take a picture of a tall building with a wide angle lens, and we tilt up the camera so to frame most of it) are mostly considered a distortion.

Also note that for a portable record player a top view would be appropriate too since, once open, most of its "interface" is likely to be placed on its top and you would get plenty of space for setting up some interactive buttons there.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote