View Single Post
Old 08-12-15, 06:42 PM   #2447
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

Decks Awash seems to be a contentious issue on a number of fronts.
Apart from not being able to use the binoculars the Watch Officer cannot give a range to any targets as well as issues with the Navigator not being able to carry out certain tasks.
These are all game issues rather than realistic ones.
The increased fuel use and few less knots at Decks Awash seems to be realistic.
The other problem you have with Decks Awash is that you cannot charge the batteries.
This can also cause another problem in rough seas where the propulsions keep changing over backwards and forwards between the diesels and electrics.
There is a setting in the OFEV where the changeover times can be adjusted.
I am currently using Decks Awash at 6.

In TDW’s Options File Editor Viewer (OFEV) there are numerous Hot Keys that can be used.
One I particularly like to use is to change the Real Navigation map fixes delete Hot Key X to Shift Key + X.
This releases the X key so I can use it for the Crash Dive Hot Key.
The position of the X key in its self is well positioned for a hovering finger.

Other Hot Keys I use are:
Deck Gun > Shift + D
Attack Scope > Shift + A
Hydrophone > Shift + H
UZO > Shift + U
Observation Scope > Shift + O

As far as the Deck Gun is concerned I would recommend the use of Vecko’s mod “DeckGun Friendly Waves_Test” this works well with TWOS.
This mod seems to have reduced the number of times I was experiencing with the Deck Gun Crew running off to change their socks.

With the Deck Gun performance reduced by 50% I have used the 88mm on both the VIIA and B, although the option is there to upgrade to the 105mm.
The mod “Critical Hits” is highly recommended.
80 shells to sink 2,000 tonnes to me is not acceptable and does not add anything to the game play.
“Critical Hits” In my view and experience of using it to date I think has been harshly criticized as arcade playing which I personally have not found it to be that way at all.
Maybe these critics were using a 105mm.
If the default 88mm was available I would gladly remove the "Critical Hits" mod.

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote