View Single Post
Old 01-18-23, 02:03 AM   #8
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eCrVCA View Post
Sorry but i have big problem with real navigation....

I am standing still, from the external camera I can see the land 50 m from me. When I ask for my position, the navigator shows me that I am 1000 m from land. Then I ask for the position relative to the stars again and the navigator now shows me 5000 m from land. What is it about? It's an error? because it's not real navigation.

I'm standing still all the time and he shows me the spread within a radius of 10 km.

Please help, I want to start playing properly: hmmm:
Well, there was no way for the script to take proximity of land into account so the way it works is it takes your real exact position and then returns a point within certain radius (to simulate the fact that your navigator is not 100% accurate). When close to land this sometimes results in funny situations like navigator telling you that you are currently sailing through the forest visible on horizon.

On the other hand if you can see land it's pretty easy to fix your exact position yourself, just find two landmarks that you can identify on map and note their bearings, then draw lines from them on opposite bearings and see where the lines will meet.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote