View Single Post
Old 04-13-22, 05:05 PM   #1
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Have any of you painted any figures?

I have a serious question, for a change.

Have any of you painted any figures?
I've been trying, on and off, to paint realistic (Caucasian) skin tones on some figures that will be part of my "long term on purpose" 1/24th scale Peterbilt 379 super build*.

I have a bunch of skin-tone paints and still no luck getting the figures to look human.

I'm keeping this post open, if you've gotten good results I'd love to know what brand and colors of paint you used. What did you use as a base? What did you use for highlights and shadows?

When I try to find video tutorials on YouTube, its always the same thing- Orks or soldiers on the Russian Front. Which is not what I'm aiming for.

Any ideas, hints, or tips are welcome.

*- A long time ago, I wanted a real challenge as a long-term project. I settled on the Revell/Germany Peterbilt 379 specifically because I knew the molds were worn out long before they injected the plastic. For the most part, every piece of plastic from the kit had to be reshaped or carved. I also bought some of the old AMT truck kits to donate parts that Revell just got wrong (wheels, rear axles and suspension). The figures are made by Master Box and look perfect for my project (minus the cowboy hat):

ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote