View Single Post
Old 08-22-07, 12:26 PM   #959
Hawk66
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by To be
I was wondering if anything can/will be done about air combat in the future. Right now it is completely unworkable, the carriers never launch anything, and fighters launch off all their missiles at ghost contacts. Is it possible to fix this through Doctrine scripting, and if so is it planned for LWAMI? Obviously this is a subsim, but having carrier groups that can defend themselves from bombers reasonably would be nice, especially when operating as part of a carrier group.
Yes, the behaviour can be improved. My idea was/is to introduce doctrine files which belongs to a mission (->http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=116912)

For example you can create an AEW patrol, which moves with the carrier, which cannot be accomplished in the mission editor.

As far as I'm remember you can improve the behaviour of fighter/missle behaviour ("firing on ghost objects") a little.

The main drawback is, that you cannot create a generic doctrine to improve certain things, like AEW patrol, because the scripts presuppose a fitting mission. See my other thread.

Unfortunately I've forgotten to backup my doctrines files before I've switched to Vista, else I would post some examples. But nevertheless I hope to start with a mission the next weekend and then I'll revisit that topic.

If there is some interest I can provide then some examples here or in the Wiki.
Hawk66 is offline   Reply With Quote