View Single Post
Old 12-12-21, 11:41 PM   #3
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
I'm interested in the new aircraft mostly.
Yeah; as much as I like the B-17 I'm more excited about the B-24 and RAF. I live in the US but my family is from the British Empire and I had family in the RAF during the war .... I would love to go tooling around in a Lancaster, doing night bombing raids - maybe even busting dams or clobbering the "Tirpitz" between city attacks, I really love that bomber. A chance to fly other less well known Brits like the Halifax/Stirling/Mosquito would also be a dream.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but a Pacific expansion with B-29's over Japan would be lovely too; I have a friend whose dad was a navigator on the Superfortresses.

And then there are the German bombers for the BoB, medium bombers for the Med/North Africa .... the list goes on and on. Multiplayer missions would be amazing for those campaigns.

I know niche games like these aren't as popular as mass market FPS so I'd definitely be willing to pay a premium for a well-made product.

Really hoping for a dynamic campaign or with dynamic factors - including dynamic elements made many of the Microprose/Sierra/LucasArts titles from the 1990's so interesting. Destroy a factory in Falcon 3.0 and it stays wrecked. Bomb enough UK airfields in "Their Finest Hour" and Germany can invade Britain in 1940. Lose your ace pilots in Red Baron 3d? They get replaced by kids who've never shot down an enemy plane.

Too many big developers seem to think of combat games as being like movies, with scripted playthrough for a certain number of play hours. Even now I prefer older games where graphics aren't as good but no two campaign experiences are exactly the same.

Last edited by iambecomelife; 12-13-21 at 12:01 AM.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote