View Single Post
Old 07-06-10, 07:38 PM   #39
Gorshkov
Commodore

Downloads: 139
Uploads: 0

Well, guys - the truth about DW is simple: This is tactical ASW simulator used by US Navy adepts for training. However it was sold as an entertainment game with completely falsified USNII database and simplified Nav-Sim Engine which is fully understandable move of course.

What you are trying to achieve is to recreate this real database and improve game mechanics using open sources. I think this task is not satisfying now because you treat this data too narrowly and too directly but they are in fact highly messed and mixed-up - often intentionally! However I think some level of improvement is possible and thus I tried to show you on PSL values example how to do that - in my opinion - correctly. Well, this requires quite a sheer knowledge compiled from many dispersed and often unconnected with submarine warfare sources along with proper summarization of many factors to get some clear picture what is going on underwater now. Yet it is doable so try, try and try...I won't be bothering you since then. I will be only watching your progress...

Last edited by Gorshkov; 07-06-10 at 07:55 PM.
Gorshkov is offline   Reply With Quote