Old 06-21-20, 10:41 PM   #112
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: Update...

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
If you're adding a layer on top of the blanked original, then you might be losing that top layer with your moniker. You might have to "flatten" the image prior to saving. I do not recall what it is called in Paint.net... but your moniker is probably there, just behind the background image, which is the blank plate, of course...
Ok, went back in, with JSGME & de-activated the mod itself.. went into the drive I have the original mod at, then transferred it to the main drive into the MODS folder, overwriting the 1 there.. (Please note, I have My computer set up with a 2 drive arrangement, main being C:\ & then the 2nd tagged (for now, any way, as E:\ where I keep any & all mods for SH in whatever flavor in a highly hyper controlled format, keeping every thing arranged according to the version of SH I have, which is SH3, 4 & 5... this pertains to both main mods aka mega's & any add on/in mods to boot. Guess you could say I'm very.. analytical minded that way.. ) then set up a folder (on desktop, by the way.. again.. very methodical that way..) with the pathway Data\Textures\TNormal\tex pathway, made a fresh edited copy of the LABEL_CPT.dds exactly as I did it the very 1st time... dropped that into the \tex file into the JSGME ready folder to be added into the MODS folder & ... viola..

The nameplate with My moniker, is now showing up again.. only issue is.. that's just with the black 1.. no idea what to do to get the whatever funky brownish color 1 to get that 1 set up to use, though...

Just wondering, if it may be possible to just deep six the set of that in favor of just keeping the black label set, instead...

Thing is, if I go in & set up a career, using the Sargo or Salmon.. the weird funky brownish set up, is used instead of the black set...

Any info on that, would be greatly appreciated...

M. M.