View Single Post
Old 07-03-20, 06:23 AM   #309
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Have the M31 in us enow for three days. Its as wide and thivck as the P9lite, but 1cm longer, and heavier (battery has twice the capacity, it is very difficult to ill the batter yin this one). The feel of holding it, is okay for a full plastic body, I use a case anyway. It has a earplug connector, and a 15W charger.

Display is great. GPS sensor and compass are a bit weak, but usable, the GPS in the Huawei worked better. Single loundspeaker does the job, its not bad, but then its also not great.

Plenty of Bloatware preinstalled, as I feared. In the P9lite I could delete most of it, with samsung some things are meant to stay, even stuff like Facebook and Netflix can only be deactivated, but not deleted. Unforgiable, but Samsung since years drives an extremely aggressive anti-.customer policy on these things. I hoped they would have learned over the years, well, they haven'T. Not one bit.

Two SIM slots and 1 SD card slot, plenty of memory that way. The device handles at comparable speed as the P9lite, or slightly slower at times. In practical handling, it does not matter, though. The device is very susceptible to magnetic cas elids, the compass must be recallibrated every ten seconds if this is the case, thats why I need to replace mine.

The four cameras are a mioxed bag. The normal and widescreen lense suffer from prodcuing only image qulity usable on the hand ydisplay, then all the software magic cna be use don it, but zooming in washes out detial quickly. The close-disnatce lense works remarkably well and allows impressive magnifying shots, but you have to work very precise, the depth of field is very shallow. Do it right, an dit works very good. In generla I would reocmmend to unleash the power of the full 64 Mpixel resolution, you must miss out on all the software magic options, but get impressive resolution allowing zooming in to a degree like I have not seen before with any device I ever owned. Impressive. However, with its lower resolution, I oiked the camera in the Huawei better, especially the software interface for handlign the options was better designed.

For the 210 Euros I paid its okay, if I would have paid the current normal shop price, 280 Euros that is, i would have felt uncomfortable. Android 10 and Samsungs User interface work good, but several options I searched for were really deeply hidde, without written notes leading you there: finding by trial and error. The device cannot be automatically shut down int he evening and relaunched int he morning, a Samsung speciality. Others can do that. Motorola. Huawei.

For 210 Euros, I give it a B or B- ("gut minus"). For 280 Euros, a C ("befriedigend"), I would consider that price to be too high for what is being offered. I got it cheap due to some local action, and they have no more pieces available. The normal list price is not 210, but 270-280 currently.

If you need a phone with a good standing time (battery), consider this, its a marathon runner.