View Single Post
Old 06-28-20, 05:49 PM   #307
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Honestly, mobile phones are something I don't know a lot about, I simply went for one that was CDMA + GSM so I can switch carriers if necessary (never done it)

and 1920 x 1080 HD resolution on a 5.2-inch display. I don't like or want massive phones, but that's a bit unusual, most people like to wag tablet size phones around.

I never buy any phone when it's new, too much $$ for something I can drop and break. I think $240 is the most I've ever spent. The cameras and CPUs on cheap phones are more than fantastic enough for me.
That alls sounds pretty much like me, including the price limit. How some people can spend over thousand coins every two years, is beyond me. I wouldnt do that even if I were a millionaire. - However, I am concerned about bloatware that cannot be deleted blocking major shares of the memory. Samsung preinstalls so much of that stuff. Huawei did that, too, but almost all was removable. Samsung device from four years ago or so did not allow much deletion of bloatware. Samsungs is very aggressive in these things anyway, I think. Good tehcn ology, but not as good custimer polcies, that is my impression.

Anyway, I tend to pick the model I found, the price is too good. I save one quarter of the current shop price.

One word on VR headsets, in case you go with Oculus please note that the two headsets they currently offer, do not fully compare. While the small one is tempting because you do not need a PC to run it, that also hampers its performance: some apps the bigger one can run (since it is the PC delivering the performance power) , will not run with this one. Amongst them THE killer app for VR there is: Google Earth/Streetview. If you go VR, you want Earth/Streetview, and a headset not able to run these, is a complete fail. At least imo.

Traps everywhere! Watch out!

Last edited by Skybird; 06-28-20 at 06:01 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote