Thread: So is this it!
View Single Post
Old 11-30-12, 04:50 AM   #9
Sonarman
The Old Man

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 0

SHV I think was a victim of poor project planning, the decision to completely overhaul the interface was the first major error. Imposing a linear path RPG elements in a supposedly dynamic game the second. Then either the project ran out of time to develop the full war timescale or they planned an addon which never materialised. The final nail in the coffin was of course the horrible always on DRM system which should never have been imposed on what is essentially a single player offline experience.

SHO also seems ill conceived but at least it is an evolution and it certainly is something that has not been done before, in gameplay terms it reminds me more of the ancient Novalogic "Wolfpack" title than any SH game. I am prepared to give it a chance. For a supposedly dead niche genre Ubi seem intent on making another attempt when most of us had completely given up hope of seeing anything from them again. I just wish they would ask what their community want before starting work rather than when the project is virtually complete.

Gotta disagree partially that it's all about the bottom line, sure Ubi is a business and they have to make money but why in the name of hell would they sink their money into something as niche and risky as a subsim supposedly is? It's not that they hate their customers it's that they think they know best and do not listen enough to their own communities. What they need is a brand manager/consultant from the community (someone like Neal) who can play an important part in each stage of the development process, shaping their products based upon the majority of community's wishes.

Last edited by Sonarman; 11-30-12 at 09:53 AM.
Sonarman is offline   Reply With Quote