Downloads: 100
Uploads: 0
Default Re: Scope and Janus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rea00cy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcsubs
Hi Adam,

Periscope problem: I hit pgup scope will raise and the only thing that happens is the lense gets a clear spot and I have a good view of the Control room and Periscope. Can not seem to get close enough to the periscope lense to look through it????????????????

Any Suggestions????????????

Thank you for your time and help,
Darrell

Just Received New Error Code:

Tue Jan 29 11:46:56 2002
Error -2005532222 [(ddrval!=DD_OK)]
DirectX code: "DDERR_SURFACELOST"
F:\Devel\Janus2\Windows\Sources\BD3DImg.cpp
Line 455
Hi Rcsubs: I just receive the Subsim super cd and made a clean install of SHII and PA following the instructions that came w/CD. It looks like I'm having the same problem that you mentioned in this post regarding the periscope station. Can you help me with this? I appreciate it
For the scope issue, I assume you are referring to the Kollmorgan scope option in Pac Aces. Here is from the Pac Aces readme:

The default scope in Pacific Aces uses a similar structure to the original SHII scope. However when you install Pacific aces you are given the option to overwrite this default scope with the Kollmorgan authentic US scope by Darkstream. Be warned that this scope uses large texture plates and will have trouble running on some systems.

To operate the Kollmorgan scope, raise it ( pageup key) and then click on the small red button (bottom right) in order to go to the zoomed view ( attack periscope). Here you can operate the scope with the arrow keys, and zoom from 1x to 4x and back with the “Z” key.

If you are in “Rig for Red” status it will be necessary to use the command “Secure from Red” before going to the zoomed view, or you will not be able to see anything clearly!

Works like a charm for me - though the first time that red button in the lower right corner was small and obscure! However, if anyone is reading, could you remind me of how to "lock" the attack scope - I have it configured this way on an older system of mine, but can't recall how I did this. :hmm:

As to the Janus errors, this may seem obvious, but persistance, at least for me, pays off. Keep generating the scenarios - by second or third try, I usually get it to generate Janus free. Also, even with the Janus I can oftentimes re-start PA, click on "Continue Campaign" and simply select the save file that generated the initial Janus error, and the error doesn't replicate, and things work fine. Annoying, but I've tried all the install iterations mentioned on this site and still haven't discovered the secret to complete Janus freedom!
CaptainJack is offline   Reply With Quote