View Single Post
Old 03-15-21, 11:45 PM   #2890
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post

You didn't do what I did last night when sharing a screen with s7rikeback? I went to leave somewhere (been too many tests lately), and with my turn to avoid the bulwark (??) flair at the end of the dock, I turned too hard to port, and the stern gave the dock wall a slap instead... never did have good rudder the rest of the way, both 9 & 10 were out the whole trip. No bulkhead damage, no tube damage, no nothing showing, but it was there. It's almost like the devs were in the middle of building the damage model for the player's subs, and the company came in and said "pencils down! that's it! turn in your work! NOW!"... At least you do have something showing as damaged there. Mine did not... So some aspects of the rudders and dive planes, as well as the exterior doors, are not on the damage report. I don't care if they're repairable or not, just so long as I know they're damaged! Like you, nothing quite like slipping past the screen, sticking the scope up, ordering Fire Six!, only to be told "Uh, sir?... Uh, like uh, the "Fire" thingie won't work sir..."
no, i did not.
it is well documented that i am a splendid ship handler.
there is no slapping of docks or piers when i am driving the boat.
this was the Phantom Damage Gremlin, and if i ever catch that little bastage.......

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote