View Single Post
Old 06-10-10, 07:02 PM   #7
NFunky
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

+100 with To Be. The RA/DWX mod is amazing, but I'm going to keep using LWAMI until it includes a truely challenging AI, particularly for surface combatants. Right now it's too easy to kill well defended surface targets with torpedoes or missiles. I do really like the platforms/weapons and, to a point, the sonar performance in RA/DWX, but combat tends to favor the player a little to heavily, even when driving an inferior platform.

Basically the way I see the mod situation is LWAMI is the oldest kid on the block. It's the most stable, tweaked and perfected mod available and has made stock (unmodded) DW seem all but unusable. However, the new RA/DWX mod is very well done. While new and still a bit buggy, It adds incredible new features to the game and vastly expands options for mission building. Alfa Tau was a pretty cool mod for a while, but it has now been rendered somewhat obsolete by LWAMI and DWX. Honestly, I have no idea what the Milsab mod is, but it doesn't seem to be a very widely used one in this community.

Oh yeah, and I agree 100% that the mod situation is as transparent as the global economy. We really do need a sticky that simply lists the major mods and gives a brief description of what they do.
NFunky is offline   Reply With Quote