View Single Post
Old 10-05-19, 08:38 AM   #1
MiccerU69
Swabbie

Downloads: 199
Uploads: 0
Icon9 GWX CTD

Hello

After searching on all the forums and via google for solutions, I seem to have no other option than to post here to find a solution. Since I have spent hours since yesterday trying to fix the issues, I'm getting kinda desperate .

SHIII was one of the first games I played back in 2005 so it has a lot of nostalgic value to me. As SH5 doesn't have that same vibe, I decided on reinstalling SHIII. Since I wanted a challenge and a better looking game, I have been trying to run GWX 3.0, but failed. I did a clean reinstall and tried WAC5.2, but that failed too. I installed both versions in a seperate map, so not under program files as I read that could cause issues.

Now I have tried both with both versions via Steam and Uplay. I have followed all the advice I could find, ran the .exe as an admin, changing the compatibility mode to Windows XP SP 2 and 3. I followed all the installation instructions to the letter but to no avail. I unchecked the whole SH3 folder as read only but without success.

I'm currently running Windows 10 with the latest update. It seems like I can run the training school missions just fine. But whenever I want to start a patrol on my career, a single mission, or the musem, the game loads up to 90% on the progress bar and then does a CTD.

I hope anyone can help me with this issue. Would it be a solution just to get a disk version from somewhere on Amazon etc. As most issues seem to relate to downloaded versions.

Many thanks in advance
Michael
MiccerU69 is offline   Reply With Quote