View Single Post
Old 07-30-08, 04:11 PM   #24
martes86
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0

Hi everyone,

I know lots of you people have been expecting news on this mod pack. The fact is, we expected things to run much smoother, but this hasn't been the case.

While we were able to gain OM's trust (if you tell the truth, then there's nothing to fear) and made some good friends there in the process, things have been going slowly with GWX's team. Despite my attempts to show them we (me and Richi) were being 100% honest with them, it seems my claims were not being completely convincing. And yesterday I received confirmation that we were explicitly denied permission to use GWX2's campaign. It hasn't been a well received decision, but we accept it, and act accordingly.

Therefore, I sadly announce that, while Richi is already working on a replacement based on Rubini's files (which he has already granted us permission to use), we're definitely retiring the previous pack. Since he's going on vacation, he won't be able to seriously start working on it until september, and a release should be expected in a date after Octber 1st, but that will be subject to change depending on all already known factors in modding.

But it's not all lost, since OM v4's beta is already out, it should do fairly well at replacing the gap our pack is temporarily leaving. And since they've happily offered us their help in both development and testing, things should go a bit faster with our own pack, now that we're looking at a fluid cooperation between the 24th, OM, and all the other groups within the Silent Hunter Modding community.

We regret all the "hype" created around the pack, but rest assured, it will be released properly, just at a later date.
We also regret that we couldn't reach a satisfactory agreement with GWX, but we've always had a nice relation with them, so we hope things can go better in the foreseeable future in terms of creative sharing, and that this little problem doesn't stain the good friendship we had.
BTW, congratulations to Privateer in his new posting, best of luck at it.

Cheers
martes86 is offline   Reply With Quote