View Single Post
Old 06-12-22, 04:02 PM   #190
Kapitän
The Old Man

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niume View Post
3. The fuel consumption is more or less realistic. For example, Type VIIC in real life the range at 10 knots would be 13700km. In the game it is 18 000 km. The range is bigger because in Silent Hunter the world is not round but flat. For example from Brest port (France) to Canada shores in our planet is around 3500 km while in the game it is 5700 km. You probably experience very low fuel consumption because you command Type IXD2 which had very big range. Which has 38141 km of range at 12 knots. If you want more information about uboat types please visit this website it has great information. https://uboat.net/types/. The feature of diesels taking damage is sadly not possible because there are no hsie patch like for Sh3.
7. It's relevant for all of the boats.
Okay, noted. Thanks!

About the ASW sensor fields: I think, I figured out how that works:
While in the Nav map view (F5) the sensor fields for ASDIC, Listening and Radar ranges are shown, it is not shown for the field of view. Probably, because it changes depending on weather and sea state. So, makes it more interesting ...

Tool Helper: I figured that one out as well. Only thing is, that the items it provides, compass etc., are all upside down, i.e., South/180° is on top ...

Radio News: I found the radio but it doesn't seem to work, i.e., pushing the ON button doesn't make any news to come on; the grammophon works just fine ...