View Single Post
Old 07-09-22, 02:28 PM   #4833
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesn9 View Post
Thanks. I learned something. When I get the mission complete icon, I usually send a status update, thinking I'd get a new mission from the home base. I see now that the mission I get sent is for a nearby area.
I guess the thing to do, especially after a transfer is wait for 'them' to send a new message, OR go north of Luzon and send my status.

Again, Thanks for all your hard work..pass it on the team too.
Consider it passed, and thank you for the help. You will not get an un-prompted message from Pearl for another assignment, and you want to be at least 1000km away from that red boundary line between SoWesPac and CenPac, else it will be the luck of the draw as to which area you are closest to... but you do have to do a Status Update to get another objective assigned (and the possible renown points).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
USS Balao, June 1944, on our first assignment (Abridge) out of Majuro after transferring from Midway, returned to base only to find we could not end the patrol, nor is there a tilted anchor anywhere to be found. Checked the saved departing base file; apparently it was never listed as a home base.

Is this a lost patrol?
I'll get back with you here in a bit Mios 4Me... I'm in the Nautilus out of Brisbane, April 1943 enroute to Dutch Harbor to participate in Operation Land Crab... (Landcrab??).. when I get out of this #$%&@ pickle I am in at Kusaie (again), I'll save and check the files... dadblame Chidori...

Edit: While I had it paused anyway, quick text file look, the Balao is at Majuro from 1944-04-01 to 1944-10-09, where it then transfers to Guam for 1944-10-07 to NULL. There should not have been a "gap" between active periods when they overlap like that, but it might take a few days for Guam to show. Missions all look fine - not to say that they aren't but the text all looks fine. Where did you originally get the Balao and how did you get it? Is June 1944 the time you sailed, or are coming back in? Thanks!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 07-09-22 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Balao!
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote