Old 05-17-22, 05:45 PM   #26
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitän View Post
Okay, I installed KSDII, with the 1.4.1 patch (SH4 version is now is 1.5); I also installed MultiSH4 and LAA as described.

Game loaded and I started a Campaign: Everything seems to work fine.

It's quite a different game though, when compared with Sh3. I went to the Training Acadamy ... no CTD so far.

A few more questions:

1. Is there something like a Game Manual available? I couldn't find one in the game folder.

2. Is there any way to change the ordered patrol grid?

3. Is there anyway to change the uboat number?

4. How can one collaps the Chronometer, Compass, Clock on the bottom of the screen (they actually seem to block access to some of the other commands)?

5. About the Graphics: I have the graphic card in my signature. Are there any best-practice graphic card settings which could be applied? Is there a setting in the game options, with which one can get rid of the jagged edges?

6. Last question for now: How can I increase the renown, in order to give me a little head start into the campaign?

Many thanks in advance!
By the numbers again... shall we...

1. Not sure if there is a, like... pdf of a manual or not. Perhaps someone may know of 1.

I, generally rely on using the 'F1' key, to pull up a sort of in game 'manual' if you will. This has a lot of info regarding commands, & other info that is very useful.

As it goes, most of the commands & such to run a career... are pretty well, standard, straight forward ones. Which, makes it pretttty easy, to master doing what you need to, to sally forth on your career.

2. I believe, in this... you're meaning... is there like there is in SH3, an add in patch, so as to be able to radio in & get a change of patrol sector.

If that is indeed the case, then that'd be a rock solid... NO.

There is no such patch like that... to add in, as it's NOT needed. Ubi, when they did up SH4... eliminated the methodology of doing a patrol in SH3... & refined it.

How they did so, was in a simple means of sending in a status report. How that works is... complete your primary (& in some cases dependent on the mission... secondary or add on objectives, to the primary one) objectives. Once that is done, simply opening up the log book or messages clipboard... find the envelope icon (that's your status report button), click on that & presto chango... you'll receive further orders... or not. Just depends on certain files, I think like the campaign ones... someone with a bit more knowledge, can further enhance answering that... I just know the bare bones of all that witch craft that is SH4...

Think the longest stretch of objectives I had, was like 6... with a couple of them, having any where from 1 to 3 secondary ones, once... on 1 patrol.

On the other hand, have had a few times, where I go out on patrol... 1 primary & maaayyybeeee a secondary attached to it (or not) & go to radio in & got a reply back, 'Good job.! Nothing further, return to base, or exercise complete autonomy & patrol away to your hearts content and RTB at your earliest convenience... or some such like that...

Which, brings us to...

3. Believe there is... but, would have to ask one of the others with more knowledge & experience on the inner workings on doing that. I believe, that any editing of files... namely in the save folder, I would hazard a guess here... would need doing WHILE in base, never while out on patrol. 2ndly, a good practice to instill, is to make sure to back up ANY files you look to tamper with... just in case you goof up.

Can't stress that last part, nearly enough...

Been there, done that... often with disastrous results...

I assume... that you are referring to the controls (speed telegraph, compass, depth control, clock) located far right hand of the controls panel, as shown in the attached pic (high lit in DeepSkyBlue ) then... if so, yesss.... but, in a very, very limited fashion.

In the command bar (far... FAR left hand side there... high lit in RoyalBlue ) is a lock switch, that will allow the command bar to drop... taking the clock with it, YET... the remaining controls... won't.

Now, if instead... you mean the controls (high lit up in PaleGreen ) those, can be closed out by clicking on the teeny, tiny box that far top left box, among all the other ones. That 1 there, is the one that will close out all other mini controls that you can pull up to use... when you click on them.

5. On this one... I don't really do much on editing in the graphics card, so much... so not real sure on any advice to give there... so, the best I can say is... on allowing another more versed in that, take a swing for the fences on that question.

Sorry...

Know that is not the end result, you were asking for on that, but... (I feel & follow a strict policy) if I do NOT know, at all... better to find out from someone who does...

6. As with # 5, here... best to let another more versed in that... respond. Not real sure on means or methodology... Sorry.

Hope that what I was able to reply on, is helpful & of use here... as always.

M. M.

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 05-18-22 at 01:06 PM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote