View Single Post
Old 05-18-17, 09:06 AM   #13
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

That probably was Reece's adventure that I'm thinking of...

I at first had my son's dual-bios set to UEFI, but we kept getting stopped by it for seemingly unrelated things, the one being a USB hard drive... I'll have to go see if he remembers all of that. We went back to legacy also.

I haven't done me an AMD build since the first of the XP line (3200??). Still have it downstairs, just not plugged in. I actually started with a K6 I believe it was, with the old AT compatibility stuff, where you have to actually press the power button to start it up, and wait for the thing to shut down, then press the power button to turn it off ~after~ you got back to the DOS prompt... My first noodlings with Linux were on a Thunderbird 1400, and it ran SH4 better than the Intel Pentium I had in the other box, though the ATI video card may have been the difference...

16 cores, 32 (is that concurrent??) threads... wow. "My, what a modern age we live in." Maynard G. Krebs - man, just lost over 5 minutes of my life on youtube looking for a Maynard video... my head is now spinning.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote