View Single Post
Old 11-02-23, 07:04 PM   #1823
bweiss
Loader

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUBAR295 View Post
Alright, do you have the "Compatibility" set up along with "Run as Admin" in Properties? This needs to be done with SH3.exe, along with any program that SH3 relies upon for operation.

Jawohl, Herr Kaleun!

Have set Admin authority for all .exe files, as well as Compatibility for Win 7 on all of them, as well as tried compat for XP SP2, and Win 8, and all combinations thereof. Even tried allowing the app to choose its own native tongue as my SH3 (and the one from Enhanced NYGM), wants XPSP2 if you allow it to choose, where as the copy of SH3 Cmdr in the mod wants "Vista".

No matter how I set the admin rights or compats, it does not alter the two issues even when they are all set to Win 7, and Admin.

I'm running out of things to try other than things that shouldn't matter. Like maybe loading it on my C:/ drive instead of an SSD? I suppose I'll go there. I really want to get this to work.

I have three SH3 DVD's. Two are the same XP SP2 version US DVD, but one is a SH3 DVD from 2004, which I think was like one of the first ones that came out. It won't update. I tried the v1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4b, even tried the Euro 1.4b, and it won't accept any updates. I was going to try that to see if it would work with Enhanced NYGM since it lists as a Win7, Vista version on the CD print. But no, it won't update. Arrggg.
bweiss is offline   Reply With Quote