View Single Post
Old 12-10-21, 05:43 PM   #7
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

In home waters and off Korea I sink them, because in TMO all fishing boats sampans etc Japanese, fishing boats feed the war effort in home islands, same reason were often attacked in real life. Many are armed and will open fire, plus they will use radio to report your position which will bring aircraft and ASW patrol vessels.

Off China, Indochina, occupied Philippines etc the boats are usually not Japanese, to make it so they are not attacked, I made them neutral, so unless they act strange such as trying to avoid my sub, or if via visual inspection noticed they are armed, I will let them go and not attack. No sense in sinking some poor chinese fisherman's boat.

In upcoming version of TMO Update, much as in real life, they become a focus of mission orders in later war, since a lack of large merchants left japanese resorting to using these vessels to run cargo in the home islands as well as pickets (which many did in the entire war) , and included extra ammo for deck and AA guns (since AA guns will now fire at surface targets) for these "picket sweeps"

I did not add flags because want the player to have to really ponder if they want to attack.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote