View Single Post
Old 12-15-15, 06:05 PM   #17
MataHari
Watch

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 1

* Download link restored *

Hello gap,

When I tested the Mast Height values with TWoS mod (16:9), I was getting erroneous results (ex. 11% error for the C2-S-B1 Merchant).

To get an accurate result, the graticule scale on the periscope must be calibrated with the Cameras.cam AngularAngle.
So I redrew the graticules for a more precise scale, and by try-and-error, found the AngularAngle.
I then manually measured each ship's Mast Height, Length, Width with the new graticule in Test SingleMissions.

I realized that different Classes of ship with the same 3D Model have the same dimention values, but the ID Manual says otherwise.

Ex 1:
DDType34 Class and DDType36N Class both have the same 3D Model: NDD_Type34A.
The Mast Height is listed at 26.6m and 26.8m respectively.
But both were manually measured at 25.8m in a Test SingleMission.

Ex 2:
BBNewYork Class and BBKongo/BBProvence Classes have the same 3D Model: NBB_New_York.
The Mast Height is listed at 48.6m for the first Class, and 39.2m for the other two classes.
They were all measured exactly at 48.6m.

Looks like what I'm measuring is the 3D Model which is identical in those classes,
even if in reality they were different and listed as such in the ID Manual.

Here are some statistics (138 Classes):
--- Mast Height OK = 66 Classes.
--- Mast Height error (average 1.7m) of a class with the same 3D Model as a Class with Mast Height OK = 11 Classes.
--- Mast Height error (average 1.3m) = 61 Classes (2/3 of those classes have an error less than 1m).

I also noticed that the measured Mast Height remains constant, no matter what type of cargo, what temperature or salinity of the water the ship is on.
MataHari is offline   Reply With Quote